Thursday, August 29, 2019

Dallas Girl ~ Part One

For the month of August, Unity Stamps has issued a challenge to use one stamp kit three different ways.  I selected Dallas Girl, by artist Angie Blom.  

Today I'd like to show you my entry for Card One.


Of course I'd start with Copic markers, my favorites!  The colors I used for Dallas Girl are referenced below also.  After coloring, I fussy cut around her and set her aside.

For the background I used the following oxides - (starting at the bottom)  Pealed Paint, Pine Needles, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Salty Ocean.  I found a random tree line stamp and stamped to the far right using Versa Fine black to get the crispest lines possible.

Now for the frame.  With Dallas Girl being 4" tall and needing the frame to be at least 3/4" wide... it took several layouts to find a combination of dies that would give a wide enough window to see the scene AND stay on a 6" square card base. With this one I was able to use the 'you got this GIRL' sentiment that comes with this Unity stamp set.  I put a black mat on the card base first. Next I stamped the sentiment on the frame front and then put wide foam tape on the back.  I placed the image on the card base, lined up the frame over the image, and lightly marked where it needed to be trimmed.  After trimming, I adhered the frame to the image first, then glued the framed image to the card base.

Once I had the Dallas Girl image glued in place, I used pealed paint oxide lightly at her feet to carry out the effect of the pasture. I love how this card turned out and would definitely make it again.
See you tomorrow with Card Two.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam
Copics Used: 
Skin E50,E51, Hair, E21, E23, E25, Shirt & Jewelry B01, B02 B05, Jeans & Hat W01-W06, B02 Boots, W06, Rope, E21, B01, B02

Products Used:


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous use of the image Pam - this is a really dramatic card, and I love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete