Monday, August 12, 2019

Let's Be Mermaids!

It's Hot, Hot, Hot!  August in South Carolina with it's daily temperatures well in the upper 90's and the heat index over 100...probably not your first choice of places to be! However, we do have the BEST coastal beaches and several pretty nice lakes! 

So when the weekend challenge popped up for "What do you think about when it's SO HOT?", my mind went to the beach!  Since part of my recent happy mail included Whimsy Stamps Mermaid Dreams, I decided to use that for my card entry.  


To make this card, I had a background of oxide inks I'd previously made using Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, and Peacock Feathers.  I used Whimsy Stamps Kinetic Straight Waves Die set and cut my 5 x 7 paper into three strips.  On my A2 card base I stenciled a few clouds at the top then added the waves, gluing only at the bottom of the middle and bottom wave.  

Of course you can play around with the placement of the Mermaid tails, then glue the end and add a foam dot to the top fin to raise it up a little.  I used Copic E21, E13 and E42 to color in the sand and also to color each of the shells that are part of the Straight Waves set.  The sentiment I used is from the Mermaid's Tail, by Ellen Hutson.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Your comments are always welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam 


1 comment:

  1. What a fun and fabulous card Pam - I love it, and yes, today I wouldn't have minded being a mermaid, but it's a bit cool here for that, especially as we are expecting a Polar Blast over the next few days! :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete