Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Holy Guacamole!

It can't be time for my 'Baby Girl' to have another birthday! 
But the wheels of time continue to turn and we know to count our blessings every day, especially the ones with our kids.

 My friend had recently received the June La-La Land Monthly Kit which had a Mexican theme.  Since my daughter has two chihuahua 's that are 'her babies',  I was thrilled when she suggested I use her kit for making my daughter's birthday card.

Here's the finished card and the info about how I made the card.


The kit is full of Mexican foods with dies, three Chihuahua's, Marcie and several sentiments.  I pulled out Marcie and two of the chihuahua's and Copic colored the dogs to match my daughter's two fur babies.  I used her favorite colors (Purple and lime green) for coloring Marcie.  

I made the background piece by die cutting a stitched scalloped rectangle, then used the Pink & Main Sunny Cover Die  to stencil the sunburst.  I also used  my (discontinued) La-La Land Happy Birthday corner die, cutting it twice (purple & lime) and splicing so it would show over the background papers.

As I put the card together, I added a couple of small foam dots behind the pup's heads to give a little dimension, added the '35' since I know this will end up in her scrapbook, and finished the card with a double organza bow.  

It was a fun card to make and she loved it (yesterday/27th) which made it even better....even if she does make me feel old!  

Thanks for stopping by today to see what's on my desk. 
Your comments are always welcome.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam 
Products Used:
 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Pam - love that you could personalise it so well, with the dogs, colours and theme.
    I know what you mean about feeling old - mine are now in their 40's, and my SIL is hitting the big 50 this year!!!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my sweet friend. These silly pups look just like her's.

    ReplyDelete