Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Worship Through the Pain

Today I'm sharing a get well card I made for a friend following surgery.  I had just received this Unity Stamp,  Special Place and couldn't wait to try it out.



 

As with all Unity stamps, the image stamped beautifully ~ crisp and clear!   I enjoyed coloring this lovely image with my Copic markers.

 Afterwards, I used the Gina Marie Designs, Label 3 die set and placed it to the right edge of the design, making the center only a little over an inch from the left edge of the image.  I used the Monarch Versa Clair ink and stamped the sentiment from the Sweet 'n Sassy, The Lord is Near set then used a smaller die in the same set to die cut it.  I used Copic V17 and inked the edges of the die cut sentiment and the image.

I used a hunter green card base and double matted the background papers, first with the pink polka-dotted paper, then with the solid pink.  I trimmed the left edge of the colored image to fit it properly at the top of the mat.  Before securing, I tucked the sentiment under the bottom right edge then secured both pieces.  Lasty I added the hunter green twine wrap at the card fold and tied the loopy bow to complete the design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beautiful Blossoms ~ June Challenge  

Cards Galore Encore ~ July Challenge  

Creatalicious Challenge ~ Challenge 278  

Creations in Pink ~ Challenge 71  

Ave 613 ~ July Challenge ~ Floral Delight

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Flower: R11, YR23, Leaves: BG90, BG93, BG72, BG75

Products 


Gina Marie Designs, Label 3



5 comments:

  1. A really pretty card Pam, and I am sure it was appreciated.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your friend
    Very pretty card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image of Magnolias and a sweet sentiment. The style is very much like the card I shared today, Magnolia Mood by Stampin' Up. I love the sketchy style of both the sets. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully coloured flowers and a really pretty card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the image of magnolia and your delicate coloring!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete