Thursday, July 4, 2024

God Is Our Refuge and Strength

In celebration of July 4th this year, I am sharing a card I made this past weekend for a challenge honoring this holiday.  I have used the Altenew Stellar Cascade 3D Embossing folder for this design which I had just received.





While all of the examples on the Altenew website were Christmas designs for this folder, I thought it was great for the 4th of July celebration.  

I used a multi colored star printed paper and a dark blue Memento ink with the folder.  My ink pad was a tear drop style which was great for inking the points of star.  After embossing, I trimmed the paper down to 5 1/4" and made a 5 1/2" red card base.  I secured the embossed piece to the front then added the tiny USA that I'd cut from a scrap of paper.  

I stamped the scripture sentiment from the Sweet 'n Sassy set, The Lord is Near.  I trimmed it close to the words and added a red mat out of the same paper as the card base.  After securing the sentiment at the bottom right corner, I added two red sparkly stars to the center of each of the stars to complete my design. 

Wishing you and your family a safe and Happy 4th of July celebration! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Altenew ~ July Inspirational Blog Challenge 

Shopping Our Stash ~ Challenge 525 ~ Never Before Used   

Colorful Options ~ July Challenge ~ Flags  

Creative Crafting Uncles ~ Challenge 54 ~ Embossing  

Get Creative ~ Challenge 133 ~ Use Red, White & Blue  

Simon Says Stamps ~ Monday Challenge ~ Add Red, White or Blue


Pam's Pearls

Products 

Altenew, Stellar Cascade 3D Embossing Folder

 

3 comments:

  1. A dramatic, patriotic card Pam. Love your use of the star embossing folder
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding
    Great job xoxo

    ReplyDelete