Friday, July 12, 2024

Another Chick Tribe Gathering

The recent Unity Stamps 'Chick Tribe' stamp brings back so many girlfriend fun memories for me every time I see it.  Before retiring and for many years following retirement, a special group of five of us got together for our birthday's and Christmas each year.  Like many friendships, those meetings have dwindled as several of us have relocated.  However the friendships have NOT!  We all remain close friends and know we are merely a text or phone call away.

Today is one of our 'Chick Tribe' gals birthday and this is the card that I mailed to her.  The chances that it arrived on time.... well I'm just not sure.  



 But it's okay as she's one busy traveling Grandma who enjoys seeing her family at various locations.  I made this card using wild vibrant colors which also describe this birthday girl.   She lives for the Lord and loves every day of life to the fullest degree.  

I used the Penny Black Elegant Stitches Rectangle die set for the decorative edge on the completed image and on the patterned paper matting.  Then I secured both pieces to the 4" x 6" lavender top fold card base.  I added the mint organza ribbon at the fold to complete the design.

Although many birthday sentiments would have fit on this card, I elected to leave the sentiment off and allow all the focus to be on the chick tribe.  I love the girls this tribe represents to me and I'm betting you might have a few that fit this stamp also.

Treasure those friendship!  They are priceless... 

Happy Birthday Marilyn!  Have a Fabulous Day! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Craft Rocket  ~ Challenge 116 ~ Summertime  

Just Us Girls ~ Challenge 735 ~ Word Week ~ Summertime  

Try it on Tuesday ~ July ~ Things with Wings  

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 85  

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 88

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Left to Right: 1: RV29, RV25, YR23, E95, BG72, Hat: BG72, BG75, RV29, 2: Hair: Y32, Chick: BG11, BG23, BG57, Shoes: BG57, Glasses: Y28, 3: Chick: B01, B02, B04, B06, 4: Chick: V12, V15, V17, All Chicks: Feet: YR27, Nose: R04, Gobbler: R08


Products


 

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty rainbow of colors with these chick friends! My favorite is the one with her hair in a bun! Thanks so much for sharing this fun card with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love it
    Gorgeous card
    What a wonderful friendship xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fabulous fun image and sounds just perfect for your friend, I'm sure she will appreciate it.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These chicks are fun! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam... love these old "chicks"...such a cute idea! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete