Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Go Forth and Conquer

Last month one of my cards was randomly selected on The Paper Funday Challenge as the winner for the Guest Designer for July.  I'm always honored when asked and excited to play along with the other Design Team members. 

The "Twist" to their Anything Goes Challenge for the July is 'Critter Crazy'.  With that in mind, I've selected a layered paper background using Altenew's, Mountain Die set and my Critter is a turtle from Beccy's Place, The Slow Lane digital package.

This is my completed project followed by a few of the details on how I made this project. 



 
I started with selecting several coordinating strips of green patterned paper for the mountain layers, then die cut the four layers using the Altenew, Mountain Die set. Starting at the second strip, I glued each at the top and secured to the one above, keeping the edges straight. At the top, I added a strip of blue cloud paper and secured it to the back of the top mountain strip. 

For the ground, I used a piece of kraft cardstock and stamped the pebbles from the My Favorite Things, On Solid Ground set.  I used Copic markers and colored the rocks and added shadows. Then I secured it to the bottom of the mountain layers.  I trimmed this background piece on both sides, down to 5 1/4" to fit a 5 1/2" size card base.  I used a white base with the fold on the left side and secured the background mountain and ground pattern onto the card front. 

Next I used Copic markers to color the turtle on the scooter from Beccy's Place.  Then I carefully fussy cut him out as close to the line as possible and inked the edges so any remaining white wouldn't show through. I also added a square of fun foam to the back of his head for depth. 

I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of paper and used the My Favorite Things Arched Elegant Stitch Stax die for it and the matting and die cut the Happy Birthday out of the darkest mountain color. After adding the sentiments and the turtle to the card front at the same time, to determine location,  I then secured both to the card front.  Lastly, I felt like it still needed a little more red, but not an overpowering bow!  So I added just a tiny 1/4" ribbon at the left fold and knotted it.  Then I took three 2" strips of ribbon and tied in the knot, then trimmed as needed to make a rounded frilly bow which completed the design.

Many thanks to The Paper Funday Challenge for having me as their Guest Designer for their July Challenge! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

A Perfect Time To Craft ~ July Challenge   

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 85  

Critter Crazy ~ Challenge 88  

Halloween Crafts Year Round and Other Occasions ~ July Challenge  

Beccy's Place ~ July Challenge   

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Turtle: W3, G05, G17, G24, G28, G83, G40, G43, YG05, YG07. YG23, Scooter: R37, R39, C2, C4, C5, Bottom Layer of Stones: E30, W0, W1, W3, N2, N3, N5

 

Products 









7 comments:

  1. Pam this is wonderful - love that image, and how you have used it is fabulous. The layers forming the mountains are just right, and the sentiment has me smiling :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend - it's always a pleasure to read your comment first thing in the morning!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on being selected
    They know who's good
    Amazing card 🐢 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I just love the expression on his face!

    Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at the Paper Funday Challenge this month.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! This is such a fun design Pam, you've done a brilliant job coordinating all the colours, patterns and layers. I particularly like the cobbled road... that turtle is sure going to be shaken up! I'm certain this will bring a smile to whoever receives it.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at The Paper Funday Challenge! Your card is, as always, adorable.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam: thanks for sharing at HAOOCAYR for the birthday occasion theme!! You've put together a fun outdoor setting for the turtle!! That's about how I look most days! :) Ha! or at least I feel as slow as a turtle moving around! It's a cute card that will put a smile on the face of the birthday recipient!

    ReplyDelete