Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Until We Fish Again...

Today I'm sharing a special sympathy card I made for our 94 year old neighbor, Mr. Frank who passed away on Sunday.

For his memory card to his family I selected Penny Black's Dropping You a Line.



 After stamping the image on 110# Neenah cardstock, I also stamped the shirt part of the image on a scrap of blue plaid for paper piecing. 

I used Copic markers for the coloring, then secured the plaid shirt in place.  The sentiment was computer generated and all the pieces were die cut using Pink & Main's Stitched Rounded Rectangle dies.

I used a Kraft card base cut 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" and then cut the blue mat a half inch smaller.  After securing it to the card base, I added the other layers as shown.  I used a black heavy thread at the top fold, wrapping three times and adding a fish hook charm at the knot along with a few loopy strands. 


Until we fish again Mr. Frank ~ 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 318 ~ Summer Colours  

Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ July  

Creative Fingers  ~ Challenge 282  

Creative Inspiration ~ Challenge 16


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Hat: BG96, BG93, E19, C2, Belt: E19, Pole: E19, Bobber: R37, Jeans: B93, B97, Bucket: BG72, BG75, R89, B52, Bait: E31, E35, Tackle Box: R37, R39, C4, BG06, RV06, YR16, Y19, Boat: E77, E74, E71, E70, Water: B14, B24, B32, B41, B52, B60, BG11, BG23, Y13, Sky: Y11, Y17, YR15, R43  

 

Products 

Penny Black, Dropping You a Line

Pink & Main, Stitched Rounded Rectangles
 

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful tribute, Pam, and a stunningly coloured card - what an age to reach! Obviously a keen fisherman :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss
    What a great job you did
    The sky and water is so touching
    Great job xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful card - so sorry for your loss x
    Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete