Monday, July 15, 2024

Sending Love and Hugs

This afternoon I'm back, this time with the Design Team for All Dressed Up Digital Stamps as we open the July challenge.  

For my project card, I selected Potted Plants both because she is just the sweetest, and I love the little kitten in the pot at her feet. 

Here's my completed card and then how I made it for your reference.




I started with the image and sized her to about 3" tall, then printed her on 110# Neenah cardstock and used Copic markers for coloring.  That was the FUN part!  Coloring is my joy!  I used the Gemini Torn Edge Oval 2 die set to get the decorative edge shown, then set her aside.

For the background I used the Altenew Daisy Bed 3D Embossing Folder and the blackout technique - except I didn't use black of course.  For the daisies I used Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, and Brushed Corduroy.  Then I inked the flat sections with Memento Tangelo ink which filled in all the white spaces.  I trimmed the edges and mounted on the brown cardstock and then the 6" card base with the fold at the top. 

I added the 1/2" strip of deep aqua across the lower third of the card front and then secured the colored image to the left side.  I used Simon Says Stamps, Beautiful Flowers, Love and Hugs sentiment and embossed it on the aqua strip beside the colored image. 

Next I matched the aqua ribbon to the strip and added it at the top fold, along with the white ribbon flower I found.  I love that the center of the flower also matched perfectly.  Once the flower was secured at the knot and the ends of the ribbon trimmed, the card design was complete and ready for the mail. 

This special card went in the mail to my best friend for over 60 years ~ as today is Cindy's birthday and this card was made for her! 
 

Happy Birthday Cindy!  Hope your day is Fantastic!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 137  ~ Top 3

Crafty Catz ~ Challenge 676  

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 116 ~ Summertime  

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 525 ~ Summer Fun  

Altenew Inspirational Challenge ~ July 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Hair: E55, E34, E15, E13, Pots: YR27, YR24, YR23, Jumper: BG49, BG47, BG10, Blouse: Y18, Y15, Boots: Y15, Y13, BG45, BG49, Cat Bow: BG45, Cat: C0, N2, N5, Leaves: YG67, YG63, YG61, Flowers: V22, V25, YR07, Y35, R17, R20, R8  

Products 








 

5 comments:

  1. This is so darling
    So sweet xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card - as always from you Pam.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you have chosen, they work together so well. The image is so sweet. One of my cats loves to sit in a flower pot too. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely cute scene. One of my cats used to sit in a neighbour's flower pot LOL!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab make love your colouring thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete