Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Simply Spring

There's no doubt about it when you look at my stamp inventory - I do love a big image! Big flowers, birds, trucks & cars, up close faces...you get the idea. 

So when Unity Stamp Company came out with their newest IRIS - Care & Hope by Sandhya Iyer, it was in my shopping cart and on the way to the lake in no time.

I believe this is a bearded Iris with it's lacey edges ~ another fond flower memory of the many plants in the yard and cut to bring in to enjoy at the kitchen counter, sink and to the supper table.  My Mom's flower beds were always full so bringing some inside wasn't a problem, you never missed the spot they were taken from. 



And even if you did - a beauty like this Iris could stand alone anywhere and just be amazing and catch anyone's eye.   

For today's card I stamped it on a 6 x 8 piece of Neenah cardstock and used my Copic markers for coloring.  The Memory Maker Matinee Rectangle Nesting dies worked perfectly to allow a nice matting and still have a solid matting around the card edges.

I elected not to put a sentiment on this card front.  The single flower speaks for itself.  Inside, on the left cover,  I have stamped 'Be Still and know that I am God' at the request of my customer.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Unity Show & Tell - CAS Sketch 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 180 

The Paper Players ~ Challenge 587 ~ CAS 

Crafts Galore ~ April Challenge 

Digi Doodle ~ Challenge 48~ Easter / Spring 

QKR Stampede ~ Challenge 442


 Pam’s Pearls

 

Copics:

Iris: BV00, BV02, BV04, Leaves: G21, G24, B28, Y18

Products






 

3 comments:

  1. WOW - this is a stunning image, and I do love your colouring of it on this beautiful card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your large floral makes a beautiful statement on your pretty, colorful card. I like the elegant dies too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love the images! Thank you for participating in the Crafts Galore Encore challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete