Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Headed Your Way!

One of my favorite customers is my HVAC friend who routinely orders cards for every holiday for his three children.   While he claims I save him a lot of time and trouble, I think he's a pretty special guy to even be ordering cards for his kids.  He is always on top of the holidays by making sure he orders in plenty of time (knowing it takes me a while due to other orders) and is very grateful for anything I prepare for him.  What a blessing!

His oldest son is nine now... so making an Easter card is getting right on the edge of being too childish.  He loves big trucks though and I thought this image just might work this year for him.


 I made the image about 4" long and colored it with bright Copic colors, staying with blues and reds as the main color choices.  The Whimsy Stamp Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle die was perfect for the edge, giving it a 'road' like finish.  

Next I selected a coordinating Aqua card and added a simple navy strip for contrast, then secured the image in the center. For the finishing touch, I added the red string at the fold and tied a simple bow.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Everybody Art ~ Challenge 511 ~ Chicken, Duck or Rabbit 

Cupcake Inspirations ~ Challenge 541 ~ Bunnies 

Dare2BArtzy ~ April Challenge ~ Kidz 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ April Challenge ~ Spring/Easter 

Alphabet Challenge ~ A is for Animal Antics

 Pam’s Pearls

 



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Easter card. It´s really funny to see the Easter bunny driving with this lorry. Pretty design by using this great stiched die. And I like the ribbon tied around the card.
    Thank you very much for joining the EAC challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love the coloring on your image. Really fun card. nThank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges.

    Nora
    CIC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy and colourful card. Thank you for playing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! Kanan - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your friend's son will love this card, great coloring and bright and cheery Easter card. You're never too old for Easter, one of my son's (over 50) still looks for an Easter basket. Adorable and fun card. This challenge we are partnering with Cupcake Inspirations and you have met our challenge at Double Trouble "Create a Scene". Hope you join us to be eligible for our random draw prize and come back for future fun challenges at Double Trouble Challenge Suzanne Reynolds, Owner
    My Personal Blog I Luv Scrapping Too

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great image, I think perfect for a 9 year old, and perfectly colored! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge and at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun Easter card. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete