Friday, April 1, 2022

Keep Your Eyes on the Stars

This afternoon we are rolling out the April Morgan's Artworld Challenge with another round of beautiful images from her Design Team. 

For my project card, I've selected Morgan's, 'Merida' ~ another image that would be perfect for a book cover, don't you think? 



 I've colored her beautiful flowing gown in Copic shades of blues and given her auburn hair.  

I printed a second image on 'plain' paper and trimmed it right on the image line.  I used this piece as a mask, carefully taping it to the colored image.  Then I used a makeup brush and 'Stormy Sky' Distressed Oxide to brush in the midnight colored background.

After stamping the sentiment, I trimmed the gold matting to 1/8" larger than both the sentiment and the completed image and secured to each accordingly.  The card base is a 6" square cream patterned design with the fold to the left.  The background mat is about 1/8" smaller and matches the woodgrain piece in the background.  After securing the image and the sentiment, I added the three dots across the top right corner and tied the gold rope at the fold.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards. 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter ~ Challenge 505 ~ Girl Power 

Simon Says ~ Wednesday Challenge #93 

Sweet Sketch Wednesday ~ Autumn Colors 

CD Sunday ~ Challenge 81 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 178 

 Pam’s Pearls

 

Products:

8 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this card. Sadly it isn't eligible to be considered for the Top Three as this is your fourth entry and we only allow three but thanks for sharing it with us.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful image and gorgeously coloured Pam - love the richness you have achieved
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sentiment and truly beautiful card, Pamela. Thank you for joining in the fun on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous and a beautiful sentiment too. I love the fabulous midnight background you've created for her. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love how you used the autumn colours in your lovely project!
    Thank you for joining SSW2
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, love your image that you used and you've coloured it beautifully. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a nice card thank you for joining us at TPS
    Christine DT

    ReplyDelete