Thursday, May 20, 2021

You Lift Me Up

I'm back again with a second image from Imagine That Digi Stamp set for May - Go Fly A Kite.  Today I'd like to share the little mouse flying his kite.


I used my Copic markers for coloring and instead of using the normal "N" or "C" series I selected the 'BV' markers. They gave a great purple-ish gray effect to the little fellow and allowed great blending for the yellow and lavender clouds.  

After coloring I used a Pennant die and then modified it by using another longer stitched line die to cut off the top to the size I needed to fit my card base, resulting in a pocket.  I tucked part of a paper doily inside and secured all to the deep purple mat then attached that to the card base to complete the card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

Pam's Pearls 


Copics Used: Mouse: BV20, BV23, BV25, BV0000, BV00, Kite: YG06, FV2

Products Used:



10 comments:

  1. Oh Pam what a beautiful card - love the lavender and lemon clouds behind that wee mouse! The doily is a delightful touch.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us at Word Art Wednesday
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one too Pam. he is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us a again.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of a pocket to tuck things in. Cute mouse too!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clouds you have created. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, love the purple clouds!! And cute pocket and doily, great job❣😊 thanks for both your entries at Imagine That Digistamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sentiment with the image, lovely colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this is a very cute image, love it. Thank you for joining us at sweet stampers challenge,
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love the layout you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Imagine That Digistamp.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely and cute.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! PROGRESSIVE challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete