Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Your Favorite Things Birthday Wishes

On one of the current challenges that I am participating in,
you have to make a birthday card using a Kraft base.
Using Copics to color on Kraft paper is a totally different ballgame,
so for this card, I elected to use colored pencils.


~ Instructions ~

I started with an A2 Kraft card base and masked the center area where the Unity Stamp, (Start Each Day) was going to go. I then took 3 Distress Oxide Inks, (Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, and Peacock Feathers) and mixed them around the rest of the card, allowing a little drying time between each color and a few minutes afterwards.  Then using my stamping platform, I stamped the image where the mask had been and colored it using colored pencils.  I find it hard to color with pencils and get a bright image, so afterwards I went back over a good bit of the image with a yellow metallic pen.  I used a wide fishtail die to cute the stitched border and the scrap to stamp the sentiment,
"May Your Birthday be full of your favorite things".
The edge of the sentiment has a coordinating strip of washi tape and then is popped up using foam dots.  After gluing the frame and the sentiment down, I added two additional strips of washi tape and three coordinating buttons  to complete the card.

Thank you for stopping by to view my card today and for following my work.  I invite you to see my other cards that are available for ordering or purchase on Facebook at Not Just Scraps.

Serving a Risen Savior, Pam

This posting will also appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment