Thursday, January 18, 2018

Growing in Unity ~ Day 4

Today I'd like to ask you if you've ever had a stamp that was a challenge to use?  You know, like no matter what you did with it, nothing seemed to work.  No ideas on Pinterest, nothing in your sketch book.... 

The stamp from Unity that I selected for today's card was my CHALLENGE stamp, Unity's Itty Bitty Having Fun.  No offense to the designer, Joslyn Nielson, at all, because it is a great stamp and I was super excited to get this jeep stamp!  But being perfectly honest, when I went to stamp it, there is a LOT of under the jeep showing.... and how many of us know how to color the underside of a jeep? On top of that, I had picked ORANGE for a Clemson University fan to be the recipient. 


But I kept working at it adding colors, (thankfully I was using high quality paper).  I sponged on grey and brown at the bottom to give the rock and dirt a grunge look.  Then pulled a Tim Holtz mesh die out and inked it to match, it was getting better... When I reached for a scrap of the snow covered birch trees for the background it was amazing how the 3D affect appeared and the Jeep suddenly looked just like it was coming out of the woods! 
My plan all along, Ha! Ha! 



I finished off the card with additional matting, twine and the sentiment GOOD TIMES from the Feb. 2012 KOM, then attached it to the Burnt orange card base. 
Thanks for hanging in there with me on the making of my challenge card.  

Don't forget to comment below to be entered for the drawing.  Two lucky winners will receive 25 random stamps from Unity Stamp Company.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment