Monday, January 15, 2018

A Week of Growing in Unity ~ Day 1

A special greeting this morning to my new readers from Unity Stamp followers as I begin my week of sharing.  I am thrilled to be part of the Growing in Unity 2018 project.

When Unity released the Broken Look Beautiful Angel stamp a few months ago, I just knew I wanted her to be my first posting during my GIU week.  Then, the Unity {Show & Tell} Facebook page started filling up with such beautiful card creations using that image.... and I began having second thoughts.  
However everyone sees an image differently and my vision of this lovely lady was firmly drawn in my head, 
she arrived, and there was no turning back.
Here is my card using the beautiful stamp designed by Angie Blom.



I stamped the image on 110# card stock and also on Vellum.  Using washi tape, I masked out the area around the flowers on her gown, and stamped two rows of them side by side on another piece of vellum and set those aside to dry.

The image on card stock will go inside the card.  I colored her using the following copic markers: 
Heart V05, Leaves G40, G43, Flesh E0000, V20, E40, Flowers, RV55, R20, Dress R01, R11, Hair E13, E33, E55, E57, Wings Gold Metallic pen, and set her aside while I put the card base together.



The card base is a 12" x 6" piece of scrapbook paper folded at 6".  After deciding where I wanted the angel to go inside the card, I took a Spellbinder S5-014, Small Deckled Mega Rectangle and cut a window out on the FRONT of the card, so you could see the inside angel.  Then carefully lined up the vellum angel over the image and glued her to the inside front cover of the card base. The 'All The Best' greeting washi tape seemed to fit perfectly with the sentiment on the stamp, so I added it across the top of the card.  For the finishing touches I added the double row of vellum flowers for balance and the loopy string bow with the heart charm.
  


I love the softness the vellum adds to this card, both closed where you can see a hint of the color behind, 


and open where the vellum is still so soft, yet the colored image allows her beauty to shine.

What a wonderful encouraging stamp that can be used on many occasions. 
I hope you enjoyed my project idea using the Broken Look Beautiful Angel stamp.

During this week of Growing In Unity, anyone who comments will be entered into a random drawing for a prize of 25 random stamps from Unity, so please comment below.

Thanks you for stopping by ~ Be sure to come back tomorrow to see another Unity project. 
Serving a Risen Savior ~
Pam 

This posting will appear on the following sites:



No comments:

Post a Comment