Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Document the Special Times through Ornaments

Before Christmas gets too far behind us,
I wanted to share one special ornament that I made 
for my brother with you.
Mike is very musically inclined and in 2017  he  rekindled his ability to play the saxophone. 
I wanted to honor that  with a special memory ornament 
but wanted something on the funny side.

So I googled for a free image of a saxophone player and was pleasantly surprised to find an image that LOOKED almost like 
MY BROTHER!
After printing to fit in the ornament bulb, I colored two and glued back to back with a clear fishing thread between them.  Then I tightly rolled it up to stuff it into the tiny opening...and there it stuck!  Finally I got a letter opener and was able to push it against the side of the ornament to get it ironed out flat and added the gold and black star glitter and seal the top.    The more I worked on it, with the help of my girlfriend, the more I laughed at how much it looked like him!


It was a fun ornament to make for my little brother.  I'm very proud of his accomplishments.... I guess I'll get him a red bow tie for Christmas next year!

Thanks for stopping by today and allowing me to share a personal moment from our family 's Christmas.
Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment