Thursday, August 1, 2024

Get Well Soon Kitten

Welcome to August and to this month's Challenge Blog with Morgan's ArtWorld.  Today her Creative Team members are sharing a new project card both on the August challenge and on their own blogs. We hope you will join us with your new cards also!

 For my team card I used Morgan's Kitten 6 Greyscale Colouring Page and made it into a get well card. 





To do this I started by sizing the image to just under 4" tall and about 3" wide.  I printed it on 110# Neenah cardstock and then colored this curious looking kitten and the beautiful cottage using Copic markers.  I was really pleased with the color combination on the trees when I added the lavender shades for flowers.  It seemed to soften the background and give it almost a watercolor texture.

When completed, I trimmed the edges and added the deep pink ornate banner die behind the image.  I selected the green  cardstock for the background which coordinated well with the cottage colors and secured it to the 6" top fold card base.  Next I added the image to the center, securing it and adding the Get Well Soon button at the bottom right corner.  Lastly I added the white organza ribbon and bow at the top fold to complete the card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

Be sure to visit Morgan’s ArtWorld 



for more images and to see the other Design Team cards. We’d love for you to join us in the monthly challenge!

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Passion for Markers ~ Week 750 ~ Animal Magic  

Try it on Tuesday ~ In the Garden ~ July  

Simon Says Stamps ~ Monday Challenge ~ Four Legged Friends  

Crafty Catz ~ Challenge 677


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Trees: G82, G43, G40, G20, YG25, YG91, YG95, Yg97, YG61, YG67, V000, V01, V93, Limb: E37, E35, E33, E31, House: BG90, BG93, E13, E17, Fence: E23, Path: W2, Stones: n2, N3, N0, W1, Cat: C2, C0, YR23, YG63, Sky: B000 

Products 







 

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute
    Looks like the kitty is looking out the window xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet, I hope your kitten doesn't climb too high in that tree! This is a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colouring of the image Pam, and a gorgeous card with the way you have mounted it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the kitten's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a sweet image Pam. The kitten is so adorable and your colouring is perfect. I love the sentiment button too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete