Monday, August 19, 2024

Vintage Stitches

Today I'm sharing the birthday card I made for my sweet sister in law's birthday.  I've used the Vintage Sewing Machine image from Woodware stamps as the main image. 




 I started by using Copic markers to color the sewing machine and decorative items around it.  After coloring, I used a generic postage postcard die to cut the decorative edge on the image. I took a scrap of mint paper and cut a thin strip about  1/8 " x 2" and used it as a 'thread' for the striped button.  After threading, I crossed the paper on the back of the button, added a glue dot, then trimmed the papers behind the edge of the button.  Then I secured the button to the right of the machine.   I took two more glue dots and added the gold safety pins to the left of the sewing machine.

For the corner paper lace piece, I used the Sizzix Corner Doily 3D Embossing Folder and a silver cardstock.  I didn't like the brightness of silver paper embossed so I added Distressed Oxide, Black Soot and heat set the area.  Then I hand cut around the bottom edge of the doily. 

For the card base, I used a 6" top fold and covered it with the coordinating marble patterned paper.  I secured the doily paper across the top, then added the sewing machine piece, overlapping slightly at the top.  Next I secured the metal Happy Birthday metal bars to the left of the image using heavy duty glue dots.   Lastly I added the aqua green twine wrapped around the top of the card front and secured the silk flower at the knot.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ August Challenge ~ A few of my favorite things  

We Love Stamping ~ August Challenge  

Crafty Calendar ~ August Challenge  

Crafty Gals Corner ~ Challenge 258 ~ Optional Embossing Folder  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 661-662

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Sewing Machine: C2, BV20, BV23, B000, BV11, BV34, BV29, Background: BV0000 

Products 

 




4 comments:

  1. This is so special
    Love this xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card, it all works so perfectly together, lovely image and colouring, the embossed panel looks amazing - love the way you 'threaded' the little striped button too- thanks for the clever tip.
    Thank you for joining in at Crafty Calendar.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific image and I love that corner element! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, so nice to combine the elements for a beautiful collage effect. Thanks for accepting our challenge, we appreciate your support at Dragonfly Dreams. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete