Wednesday, August 28, 2024

I Can' Believe You're 40!

My youngest child turned 40 yesterday (27th) and I honestly think I got picked on more than she did!  Isn't that the way it always goes?  I just laughed and replied ... there has to be some math mistake somewhere! 

But like all Moms ~ I am so very proud of my girl and her accomplishments in life.  For her special card, I selected Angie Blom Digital Designs, Birthday Age Number Girl.



 I sized the girl to about 4" and placed the Happy Birthday below her.  After sizing the number to fit the design, I moved them to the side for printing, so they could be cut out after coloring. 

The images were Copic colored and then die cut using Creek Bank Creations, Slim Arched Rectangle DieThe background card base was a 12 x 12 paper cut to 8"x8" and folded to make the base.  I also added the solid purple slim arched rectangle die under the completed image and secured both to the card base.  After fussy cutting the number '4 0' and adding fun foam to the back, they were also added to the base, at the top of the strings in the design.  Then to complete the card, I added the red organza ribbon and bow at the fold of the card. 

Happy 40th Birthday Kimberly!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Try it on Tuesday ~ August ~ Make it Feminine  

A Cut Above ~ August Challenge  

Cupcake Inspiration ~ Challenge 600 ~ Happy Birthday  

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 140  

Crafty Calendar ~ August Challenge 

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Skin: V95, E21, E00, Hair: E41, E42, E43, Jeans: B91, B93, B95, B97, N4, Sweater: YG01, R35, B95

  

Products 





11 comments:

  1. What an exuberant card Pam - and so beautifully made!
    My youngest is 47, don't quite know hoe that happened!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birthday card for your daughter; Beautiful details...that bow! Fun image and amazing coloring. I'm sure she was thrilled to receive such a special card. Our youngest daughter turned 40 a few weeks ago too. How did that happen? Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's August Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card
    Love that background
    Love the colors and the coloring
    Happy birthday to your baby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. The way you colored those balloons is amazing. They just POP!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done, great image, thank you for playing our Celebration this month at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Have a wonderful day.

    Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Thanks for joining us at TIOT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card from Mam to daughter.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card. Your bow is fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the design
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card! Loving your happy design - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete