Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Happy Foiling?

Today I'm sharing three Christmas cards with you, as these are the sum total results of my attempts at foiling.  The rest of them are peacefully at rest in the trash!  I really like the results of these and will definitely keep trying to learn this new technique.  Don't worry - you'll see more of this style.  

The first one is a stenciled background using an Oxide Ink background, a "MERRY" vertical die and a Reindeer hot glimmer die with silver foiling.


The second card is the Spellbinders Happy Holidays Glimmer Hot Foiling Die and an Ornament die cut.


The third card is the Spellbinders Holiday Cheer Glimmer Hot Foil Die and the Reindeer Hot foil Die with additional red plaid paper and Christmas washi tape.


Like all of our crafting projects, there is a learning curve and sometimes it takes a while to master the details.  Foiling cards and sentiments turn out so beautiful.  I know I will enjoy the results a lot more when it's not such a struggle to get the desired results.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.









 

8 comments:

  1. I love the cards! And the glimmer is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at DAK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the bling! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's Holiday Chaos challenges, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love the foiling on the words, a really beautuful card. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Make My Monday. Happy Christmas. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful card. Love the sparkle on each one. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those dies, that deer is amazing!
    Carol - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love love love the background o. the raindeer one. thanks for entering the challenge!!

    Christopher
    Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Create With Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and looks like you've got the hang of foiling (I've never attempted myself). Each so unique and creative! So glad you joined us for our Winter Blues challenge at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are so gorgeous. Thank you for joining the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete