Sunday, December 6, 2020

A Sweet Noel

This afternoon, I am here with the Corrosive Design Team bringing you the December challenge with our two sponsors, Colour of Love and LeAnn's World 101.

For my project card, I selected Holy Night Rory by Colour of Love.  Here's my finished card and a few details on how I made it.



I started by sizing the image to about 3" by 4" and printing her on 110# Neenah cardstock.  I used Copic markers for coloring  and selected the Spellbinder Labels Eight Die set for the outer edge cut.  

With this beautiful image taking most of the 'white space' I didn't want to distract from her with adding a sentiment.  While I could have just left the front blank or added something near the bottom of the card, I decided to make a stacked Eclipse card.  

I selected the 'Noel' die and carefully cut the image with this die.  **If you've never done this technique, it is crucial that you keep all the parts - the centers of the letters are required!** Then die cut 6 more 'Noel' words out of white cardstock and set to the side.

I matched the dark green color for the background and secured it to the A2 sized card base (top fold), then added the colored image. Then I took ONE of the white Noel's and carefully glued it on the image front where I'd removed the colored word from.  Next is the tedious part as I took all the centers of the letters from the colored die and glued them in place back on the card front.  When this is done, the card front should be complete - white Noel with colored parts in the letter spaces. 

Next I took the remaining five white Noels and glued them together in a stack, being sure they were kept as straight as possible.  The last layer or top layer will be the colored Noel that was die cut from the colored image.  Once all are securely glued together, then I glued them to the card front to complete this part of the Eclipse card. 


To finish the card, I added Diamond Stickles on her robe collar, gold metallic gel pen on the flower centers and a twine bow at the top. 

That sounds like a lot of instructions and trouble, but if you've done an Eclipse card before, you'll breeze right through it again.  I do hope you will check out all the amazing Design Team project cards on the December Corrosive Challenge Blog and be sure to enter YOURS too!

Thank you for stopping by today to see what I've been working on.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

 The Paper Players ~ Challenge #520 

Crafty Calendar Challenge ~ December 

Sunday Stamps ~#245 Winter Warmth

 

Serving a Risen Savior,

Pam

Products Used:






 

  

 https://www.colourofloveshop.com/product-page/holy-night-rory?fbclid=IwAR3IpFglkoFJxWtUQNs-BbxrEfxtkL-icXsoVQOFEtvFgQH9DhL3GFCQ7hY



5 comments:

  1. Love this image and your colouring ..thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet...lovely colors and I like the way you did the "noel"! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet image! Perfectly colored. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - this is very pretty! Love that popped up sentiment cut from the design! Wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your pretty project with us this week at The Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful image Pam and your colouring is fabulous - it looks almost printed! Love the stacked sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with my theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete