Wednesday, February 14, 2018

You Make My Heart Smile

Happy Valentine's Day to YOU!

Today I wanted to share with you the Valentine cards that I made for my five grand kids (ages 23 months to 17 years) using the Darcie's Clear Stamp Set Love "Hearts" (POL341).


Isn't that a cute set?  As you will see, I used both of the 'boy' and 'girl' images, and then used the same sentiment on all of the cards.  I selected the single short fold style card since I have found this to be a great style card when your images are smaller.


After stamping the images on 110# Card stock, I colored them using Copic markers (referenced below) and then die cut the hearts out using the Darice scalloped heart die.  Sentiments are die cut with either the stitched oval or the hexagon center of a Elegant Frame unbranded die.

The card base is a strip cut 4 x 9 with the fold at 5 1/2".  Matting is cut for each side and coordinating papers are cut 1/8" smaller.  The colored image is glued on the left side only, onto the flap of the card base.   Then the sentiment it trimmed or die cut and glued to the side of the center image.  Additional embellishment of course could be added, but keep in mind your postage weight when doing so.






These are the types of stamps that you can purchase the button face to attach to the stamped image.  I elected not to add the buttons to these since two were going to younger children.

Copic References are:
Reds: R05, R17, R27, R37 R39
Purples: V01, V12, V15
Grays: N01, N2, N4


Thanks for stopping by today and seeing the variations this stamp set has to offer.  

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment