Saturday, February 3, 2018

Say Cheese for the Camera Please!

Give a photographer a stamp with a camera to color
AND then let her make a card for her favorite nephew too...
an awesome combination for sure!

Today's card is using Stampendous House Mouse Say Cheese in shades of blacks, grays and yellows. Here's the finished product, followed by a bit about how it was made.


You just can't help but SMILE can you?

I colored this image right after learning about taking your copic coloring to the next level by designer Crissy Armstrong.  I had never used more that 2-3 of one shade of color on anything.  This camera was the first time I'd used 6 shades of gray to color ~ it was amazing!  I wanted the first layer to look like bokah lights, so I started playing around with different shades of gray and yellow.


Isn't it always the case that the ONE piece of yellow that matches is the ONLY piece of yellow you have?  Had to do a little innovative placement of the dies to get everything cut out of this one scrap.


It was a lot of playing around with the mats and borders to get them in just the right place.  The Gina Marie banner set allows lot of choices and the vertical Happy Birthday is a die that I seem to use quite a bit on my cards.  Adding the X-Stitched edge (also a Gina Marie Design) finishes off the edges of the mats.  Then a few enamel dots sprinkled around and a SMILE die cut at the bottom and one extra large (6 x 8) card is ready to be mailed.  Although over-sized, with all the embellishments it would have had to be in a padded envelope anyway.  Once you have created a special card you sure want it to get to the receiver in great condition too!

I hope you enjoyed my House Mouse Happy Birthday creation and I thank you for stopping by today and following my work. 
Although this card isn't for sale, it can be duplicated for special orders through my facebook site, Not Just Scraps.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment