Wednesday, February 7, 2018

I Love You To The Moon and Back

Doing Black and White card can be quite a challenge, 
especially if you love all the colors of the rainbow
and enjoy bright and cheerful papers, photos, and scenery. 
After doing my first black and white card yesterday, 
I had several scraps left over on the desk and a couple of 
additional images that I 'd stamped ~ 
so I decided to put together one more card while I was on a roll. 
This is what I came up with for my entry with a few directions following:



and colored it using only the Copic gray shades of 'C' markers. 
Then I Fussy Cut around the image, omitting the hearts.
I used an unbranded fancy heart die, and cut out the front panel of the white card base and also cut one out of black card stock.
Inside the card, I mounted the black heart and put the little girl hugging her bear image in the center.



Knowing I wanted to use the sentiment 'I love you to the moon and back', I wanted a black background for the card front with either small white dots or stars. Anyone that knows me, knows there is enough paper here to supply a small country... but evidently the supply of black paper with small dots or stars was not on the sale rows!  I finally found one 8 x 8 sheet of alphabet paper with clear dots...perfect!. ... EXCEPT... Letters! Big and small white letters are randomly printed on the paper ~ great!


Plan B - That moon needs clouds and stars!  Ta-Da!  Gina Marie Designs dies again to the rescue! I used the  Stitched Sky Set  randomly spaced perfectly over all the letters and the sentiment on a separate cloud... another cute Valentine or anytime sweet card for someone you love.

Thank you for stopping by today ~ I hope you enjoy my posting and I invite you to visit my Facebook page at Not Just Scraps to see and purchase other handmade cards.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment