Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Word Art Wednesday ~ 2nd Guest Posting

Today I'm back with the Word Art Wednesday Challenge, again as their May Guest Designer.  

The sponsor for this challenge is Stamp Simply and I have selected their set Flourishes #33 for my card today. 



For this card, I stamped the single flower three times, spaced apart, and used my Copic markers for coloring.  I carefully hand cut each one out and laid them to the side.  

After printing the scripture for this week from 2 Timothy 2:4, I used the Gina Marie Designs Label 3 die to cut the decorative edge and also cut the solid purple matting.  I secured those together. 

I trimmed the vertical patterned paper to 5 1/2" square and added the sentiment in the center vertically and just to the right of center horizontally.   

On the back of each of the cut out flowers, I added a small foam square to the center.  Then starting at the top, I glued the stem and leaf down but allowed the foam dot to adhere the flower itself.  This continued for the second and third flowers, ensuring the third curved slightly so the stem flowed under the scripture. 

The black card base is 6" square, covered with the same solid as the matting behind the scripture.  To complete the card, I secured the decorated card front to the base ensuring everything was secure. 

I again would like to thank Karen at Word Art Wednesday and her wonderful Design Team ladies - they do an amazing job with their mission.  Thank you for allowing me to design with you this month. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards. 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Sparkle Forum ~ Challenge 152 ~ Flower Forum 

Creative Crafters ~ Challenge 52 

Four Seasons ~ May ~ Spring 

World Wide Open Design Team ~ Challenge 5 ~ May 

We Love Stamping ~ May Challenge 

Dare 2B Artzy ~ May Challenge ~ Flowers


 Pam’s Pearls

 

Copics


BV13, BV02, BV01, BV0000, G84, YG63

Products

Stamp Simply, Flourishes, Set #33





6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Pam. I loved it when you sent it to me for WAW, and I love it even more seeing it again. You do such lovely artwork, and I'm so grateful for your talents being shared with us this month. Also, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful card with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and please join us there again soon. Your art is such a treat.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really striking colour palette for your pretty card, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that purple! Perfect card for our challenge this month at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Good luck, Angela (DT) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, beautiful colours.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Pamela. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - such an elegant design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete