Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Eyes of Nature

I'm here this afternoon in the US posting with the Classic Design Team ~ and one of my personal favorite sponsors, The Paper Shelter. 

For the entire Design Team, we are using Eyes Of Nature.  Wait till you see all the beautiful variations of this image!

Here's mine and a few things about how I made it. 



We were also given the color digital background paper to use this month.   There are several ways to print your image digitally when you want to use special paper ~ all the way from two separate images and cutting out the design to lay on top of the background to merging into one design for a single printing.  Most are mainly just personal choice.

For this card I used Photoshop Elements and did the background as a layer, then added the girl image as a layer above.   Since I wanted to Copic color my image, I went back to the background layer and used the lighten tool just in the center where the girl's image was, so that the area basically was 'white' when viewed as a total image.  

Then I was able to size and print her on Neenah 110# cardstock, my personal preference for Copic coloring.  My markers are referenced below if you'd like to use on one of your images - I'm a big fan of purple hair for fairies or other mystical creatures.

I made the card base to coordinate with the floral patterned digi paper and cut it about 1/4" larger than the image, using a top fold. Then I added a fish tail tag with a small die cut hello and tiny flower. To complete the card I added several tiny diamond bling dots to the center of the flowers in her hair.

Be sure to visit the Classic Design Challenge blog to see the other Design Team cards and to enter your cards.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Get Creative - Challenge 111 - Use Flowers 

CD Sunday ~ Challenge 86 

Dare 2B Artzy ~ Use Flowers 

Di's Digi  Design - Hand Colored Images - May 

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge # 597 

The Paper Shelter - June 

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge ~ May



 Pam’s Pearls

 

Copics

Hair: V000, V12, V15, V17, Eyes: G00, YG45, Gold Leaves: YR21, YR23, YR24, E23, Other Leaves: YG91, YG93, G46, G00, Cheeks & Lips: R20

Products





 

7 comments:

  1. Wow - what eyes. She looks a little sad but beautiful. Thank you for joining us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful colouring pam, and a sweet card. Well done on manipulating the image and paper to obtain such a wonderful outcome - that's something I have yet to master
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is so pretty - love your coloring.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty. Love the purple hair. Awesome image and paper choice. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Pam. Lovely colouring and use of that pretty DSP. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours in your card and she is beautifully coloured.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely project Pamela. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete