Saturday, May 21, 2022

Look Who's Turning 60!

 It's not every day that your little brother turns the big 6-0! 

So I thought I'd share the special card I made for him today and a few of our family photos from lunch today.

I've laughingly told my friends that Mike and I are the only two adults that were 'weirdly raised' to called this sandwich a different name.  

The question is - 'What do YOU call the sandwich you make when you mash up boiled eggs?'

'Egg Salad Sandwich' right? 

Well we were raised to call it a Deviled Egg sandwich - right or wrong - that's what we have always called it.  I know - the only two in the whole world!  You just have to know that for the card to make sense.... 


Well deviled, scrambled, fried or whatever, I've seriously got the best brother ever and I love him dearly!

My husband and I made a cake to take to our surprise lunch for him also.... I know ... Me Make A Cake?


Well how about a Toilet Paper Cake!





And then we settled down for a nice family lunch of BBQ, rice & hash, green beans, slaw & hush puppies, followed by lime cream pie for dessert.


With full tummies, we waddled to the den to rest and enjoy a few old stores about Mike's childhood.  


There's nothing quite like homemade memories, especially for special birthdays!  
Here's to many more little brother~ Love you!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge #92 ~ Birthday 

Moving Along With the Times  ~ Challenge 142 ~ May 

Allsorts ~ Week 667 ~ 13th Birthday

 Pam’s Pearls

 

Copics

Barn: C2, C3, Sky: B000, Grass: G40, G43, G46, Straw: Y00, E33, E31, Eggs: E41, R27, Left Chicken: E42, E43, E41, R35, R37, YR21, YR15, YR23, Right Chicken: YR24, E99, YR23, Eyes for both: N8

Products

Google image





6 comments:

  1. Thanks Pam. Your crafts always makes and our family gatherings so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and cake! I can feel the warmth, love, and laughter in your photos. Such a special celebration. Thank you for joining ours at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sentiment on the card - we simply call them egg sandwiches :) A great card and an awesome 'cake' Pam
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great card and a wonderful "cake" for your Brother. Thanks for taking part in Allsorts 13th birthday challenge week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun card for your brother - I bet he loved it! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Allsorts special 13th Birthday Challenge.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card and what a fun idea with the toilet paper cake! Just perfect for a fun and special birthday celebration! Happy 60th Birthday to your brother! And thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete