Monday, May 23, 2022

How's The View From There?

Today I'm sharing an 'Over The Hill' masculine card I made for a friend's birthday. 

Every now and then you run across a stamp that resembles a person you actually know.  This happened to be the case when I came across the 'Trevor' stamp on the C. C. Designs website.  

Thankfully he arrived in time to make this card but then my creative wheels had to get busy - it's just the image of the man, and this is a milestone birthday!

I landed on Angie Blom's Dream Big Mountains digital package to start the background for this card.

Here's the completed card ~ 



As with all digitals, it was wonderful to have the option of 'all the mountains' in her package to choose from.  I took several 'slices' to decide which one fit the character the best. 

Once I'd decided and printed it to the A2 size card front, I used Copic markers for coloring the background and the man.  I hand cut the man image out and set him aside.  Then I added the black matting to the mountain background after trimming everything to fit in the space.  Lastly I added the fishtail cut sentiment and then the Birthday man.

It's a lot of fun to me to use stamps from different companies.  Adding the digital images with the stamps continues to open more ways to use your supplies and create new and beautiful things.   Thanks for stopping by to allow me to share mine. 

I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not JustScraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

The Corrosive Challenge ~ #5 ~ May 

Allsorts ~ Week 677 ~ 13th Birthday 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 92 ~ Birthday 

Addicted to Stamps ~ Challenge 429 ~ Any Occasion  

 Pam’s Pearls

 

Copics 

Guy - Jeans: B93, B95, B97, Boots, E31, E37, Belt: E37, Shirt: YG91, YG93, Sky: B000, Grass: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG63, YG67, Mountains: W2, W3, W4

Products:





 

3 comments:

  1. A fabulous card, thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card for outdoor guy!
    Thank you for celebrating with us at Allsorts Challenge Birthday;-))m

    ReplyDelete