Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Enjoy the Spotlight

Part of our Memorial Day Celebration yesterday was to join in with our 'Dance Family' to celebrate one of the guy's 68th birthday.  His wife threw a huge potluck supper with dancing afterwards in his honor.  

I'd like to share the special card that I made for this occasion, using Clearly Besotted, Cha Cha Cha stamp set. 



Aren't these little piggies the cutest!  

To make this card I stamped each image in the set on Neenah 110# cardstock and used Copic markers for the coloring.  

Next I selected Tailored Expressions Square Block Cutting Plate (TF290) for the outline blocking.  I used a standard circle die to cut all of the images except the single male dancer. For that image, I used a stitched circle die to help him stand out.  After all - he's in the spotlight. 

The tiny 'disco ball' needed to really sparkle, so I stamped it on silver glitter paper and trimmed it closely.  I also die cut a standard 'Happy Birthday' out of the gold paper that I used for the blocking frame. 

The card base is 5 1/2" square, covered with the black, gold and silver shiny paper. After securing the gold blocking outline, then I added each character to the blocks, overlapping the bottom right to be sure he was in the 'spotlight'.  Lastly I added the Happy Birthday sentiment on the left and the white paper inside for writing the birthday message.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards. 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cutie Pie Challenge 171 - Digis or Die Cuts 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 182 

Alphabet Challenge ~ D = Die Cuts 


 Pam’s Pearls

Copics

Pigs: E01, R01, E02, Suit: C7, N6, N7, Dress: R37, R32, Shadow: W2

Products

Clearly Besotted, Cha Cha Cha



1 comment:

  1. Adorable card Pam. Perfect choice of background paper too. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete