Monday, February 8, 2021

I Dig You!

Today I wanted to share a cute little Valentine Day card I was asked to make for a young man who loves big trucks, tractors and heavy equipment.

I pulled out Taylored Expressions Dig In stamp and die set knowing it had a backhoe and an excavator.  Here's what I came up with for him.

 


I was thrilled to find the background paper with the cars and trucks zooming along.   I used my Misti to stamp the two pieces of heavy equipment and the 'I DIG you!' sentiment from the Taylored Expressions package.  I also stamped the 'happy valentine's day' from a miscellaneous stamp I had been using on several Valentine Day cards.  I used Copic markers for coloring and then used Gina Marie Designs Label 1 die set for the edge.  

Since I wanted a good bit of the background paper to show, I used a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Kraft cardstock folded in half, then cut a 6" for the card base (making it 5 1/2" x 6"). Next I trimmed the background paper to 1/8" smaller than the card base and secured it to the Kraft card base.  Then I took the chisel end of the Copic YG23 and carefully went around the edge of the colored image, to give it a bit of separation and a slight matting effect.  Next I secured the image to the card base to complete the outside of the card.  I purposefully did not add a ribbon to this card because of other smaller children in the customer's household.  To complete the card I added an additional white die cut paper inside for writing.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

A Bit More Time to Craft ~ Challenge #133 

Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper ~ February Challenge 

Daisy Chain Challenge #49 ~ Baby/Kids 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 151 

Your Next Stamp ~ Challenge 157 

 

Pam's Pearls


Copics Used: Green Backhoe: YG01, YG13, YG17, YG23, YG25, C6, Yellow Excavator: Y15, Y19, C2, Window: B000, Shadow: W3


Products Used:







1 comment:

  1. Super cute Valentine card. I love seeing the back hoe on it. Great find on the papers.[Bunny]

    ReplyDelete