Friday, February 12, 2021

A BIG Surprise!

One of the nicest surprises for me as a card maker is receiving an invitation to join a Design Team.  I love my crafting time and take applying for these teams very serious.  The last one that I applied for several months ago was a stretch goal for me as it was an international online store.  When the invitation to join came back within a very short time it was a huge surprise!  

I am so very excited to announce that I am on the three month required trial term with Polkadoodles Crafting in the UK!

For my first posting I have selected, Baked You a Cake from the Winnie Celebrations 3 Collection.  I also used the Papers 1 and Sentiment from the same collection.   



To make this card, I started by  sizing the image to ~2" x 3 1/2" and coloring her with my Copic markers*.  I matted the completed image and the printed sentiment in a deep purple cardstock and set them aside.  Next I printed a 3" x 4 1/2" of strip the balloon paper from the digital package and added a shade darker mat behind it. 

  I cut  the dark aqua mat at 5 3/4" square for the  6" square card base. I secured the balloon panel on the left side, then tied the light aqua organza ribbons around the back and knotted in the front at the balloons, making sure they all lined up neatly, before securing the background mat to the card base.  Then I added the colored image layer and the sentiment layer to complete the card.

In addition to this being my first card posting for Polkadoodles, I'd also like to dedicate this card to my granddaughter Skyla who turned Sweet 16 yesterday, February 11th.  I designed this card with her on my mind and in my heart.




Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

You can enter your cards on the Polkadoodle Challenge Blogs listed HERE.  For today's posting and this week's challenge, Click: Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge: Week 7


I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Seize the Birthday ~ Challenge #207  

Addicted to Stamps ~ Challenge 398 Birthdays 

Watercooler Challenge #308 

Crafting Happiness ~ Challenge 83 ~ Sweet 

Word Art Wednesday ~ #477-478

Path of Positivity ~ Challenge 88 ~ Celebrate those you Love 

Classic Design Challenge ~ February


Pam's Pearls


Copic Used*: Hair: E21, E23, E19, E25, Flowers: Y19, BV01, BV13, RV55, BG45, Leaves: YG63, YG65, Dress: B00, BG45, BG53, BG72, Shoes, BG72, Cake: R55 BV02, BV13, Handle: C3, Candle: RV55, R17, Y19


Products Used:

https://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/baked-you-a-cake-digi-stamp-printable-download-winnie-celebrations-3/

https://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/winnie-celebrations-3-papers-1-digital-download/


https://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/winnie-celebrations-3-sentiments-digi-kit-download/


 

 

 





 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Pam - so pleased for you to see that your talent is being recognised!
    Love your card - that is a real sweetie
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card for your sweet granddaughter! There's nothing like a redheaded grandgirl...I have one, too. Love the pic of her and her dog. Back to the card, love the colors, papers, and images! Polkadoodles has such a great variety of papers, you will love creating with them. Wonderful take on our theme; thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Design Team, Pam! Sweet card for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And your first card for the team is so sweet! Great coloring on the girl and the purple cake looks yummy :)! Thank you so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the DT post Pam. This is a lovely card. Your little girl is so beautifully coloured and i love how you've used the trio of ribbon. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card! Thanks for linking up at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Hope you'll link up again. A new challenge starts tomorrow!
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a such sweet card. Love the design and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the DT!
    Love the sentimnet!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete