Monday, July 22, 2019

Christmas In July ~ Warm Wishes ~ Sketch Challenge

With all the Christmas In July Sales going on now, it is no surprise that several of the card making sites are also having Christmas in July challenges.   I have combined my Christmas card with a sketch layout to come up with today's featured card.


My image is from Gracielle Designs Winter Wishes Digital package, printed on 110# Neenah and Copic colored.  Marker colors are referenced below.  I completed the card with Penny Black Elegant Stitching Dies.

The sketch given on CCM was vertical with a doily.  I didn't want to cut out this image to layer with a doily, or to add the doily prior to printing, so I die cut one of my doily's and used it as a stencil with peach chalking ink to achieve a light doily  image in the background. 


I have to say I have grown tremendously as a card maker when it comes to a 'sketch' challenge.  My friend Ginny spent many weekends pulling me off the ceiling ~ my fear of a sketch challenge was so very real!  Until one day I finally got it!  It doesn't have to be EXACT!  Yes, close, have the elements or ideas but it's your interpretation!  

So what's on your desk this as we start the week?

Thanks for stopping today.  I hope your week is blessed and filled with many hours of crafting fun!

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

Copics Used: Flowers:, R22, R32, R14,63, G94, Center: Y18, Y19, Wreath: E42 E43, E44, Pinecones: E23, E25, E31, 
Products Used: Quick Quotes Peach Chalking Ink, 
Graciellie, Winter Wishes, Penny Black Elegant Stitching Dies
 


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgoeus card Pam, and I love that you used the stencil for the doily element
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete