Thursday, January 10, 2019

You Have My Heart

Although it's been a few days since I've posted, my hands have not been idle.    I just thought I could slow down after Christmas, but so far the first ten days of 2019 haven't indicated that will be a new pattern for this year.  With all the newly released digital Valentine images from Whimsy Stamps plus adding several from the Whimsy's designer Sylvia Zet.... the joy of coloring each day has sure been being well fed!  I've really proud of the unique and assorted one of a kind Valentine Cards I've made so far that are available for sale to suit the special someone in your life, from your grand child all the way to the love of your married lives.

Today I wanted to share with you another cute Digital Image by CC Designs and available through Whimsy, named Aimee & Valentino.  Even though these images are 'children', the addition of the entwined hearts and the heart shaped locket with key charm reinforces the adult message of true love. 


For those that would like to make a card similar to mine; here's a few details.  You can purchase your digital copy of Aimee & Valentino through the Whimsy store.  Knowing I was going to use a 5 1/2" square white card base, I sized the digital image to about 3" square.  I printed the image on Neenah 110# Card stock, then colored using Copic Markers. (See colors reference below**).  

Sometimes when you want a lot of layers, it is fun to just flip through your box of dies and see what you can come up with.  I used six different dies to make all the layers on this card. I will list them next but keep in mind, you could use any type of die as long as you layered them so they go smaller as you work your way up to the top where the image goes. 

Building from the bottom white 5 1/2" card base: 1) Solid red 5 1/4" square matching red photo mat, 2) Red flowered paper (Stampin Up) cut with the My Favorite Things ~ Stitched Basic Edges. 3) & 4) Then both the navy blue and the white layers came from the same set - Darice Nesting Book Page Dies.  5) Up in the left corner is of the card is the Party Banner Die from the  Gina Marie Die Set, and 6) the Love Locket die in the bottom left is also a Gina Marie Die, and 7) Entwined Heart Die is by Momenta. 

Always be careful to leave 'room to breathe' around your images, especially when you are using lots of dies or multiple embellishments.  Never loose sight of your focal point of the card ~ YOUR hand colored image. After assembling all of the dies surrounding the colored image, I threaded a small piece of black yarn through the locket and added a Key Charm from Charming Embellishments to complete the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my latest card.  I'd love to see you flip over to the Whimsy store, Digital store and purchase Aimee and Valentino for your stash; then show me your creation on the Whimsy Stamps and Inspiration page on Facebook. 

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam


Copic References: Skin: (Cheeks 0/R30), E0000, V20, YR30, RV0000, E40, E50;  Boy's Hair: E21, E31, E41, Y21; 
Girl's Hair, E06, Y21, E31;  Girl's jacket & Boy's jeans: B23 & B45;   Girl's dress & Boy's shirt: B91.  Shoes: N1, N2, N4;  Balloons, R17, R29 & R37, then blended using R05.   Used Sparkles Diamonds for balloon accents, used clear Wink of Stella over blue heart banner, silver entwined hearts and gold heart locket.

No comments:

Post a Comment