Monday, January 21, 2019

Sharing the Love ~ Day One of Growing In Unity 2019

Happy Monday Morning to all my regular followers and a special welcome to each of you who are new from the Unity family and friends.  I am so very thrilled to be back for a second year with the Unity Stamps Growing In Unity program.  It is quite an honor and certainly a blessing for me personally.

With 'Cupid' less than a month away, I will be bringing you a Valentine or special Love focused card project each day this week using some great Unity stamps.   Remember to visit each day and leave a comment for your chance to be randomly selected at the end of my week for a $25 bag of free Unity stamps. (Yay!)

For today's card, I selected Angie Blom's, We Belong Here, for the image.


For all my rubber images I use Neenah 110# card stock and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink for stamping.  I used Copic markers for coloring (references are listed at the bottom) along with a red metallic gel pen after the card was put together for the tiny dots and sparkles.  The coordinating ovals are die cut with the My Favorite Things Large Stitched Ovals.  The sentiment I selected is from the KOM, 6/14, "In Love, With Love".  Since I had picked this bright pink and brown modern paper pattern and a Kraft card base, I stamped the sentiment also on white card stock, but used the Rich Cocoa Memento Ink.  The triple Stitched Heart Dies are a retired Gina Marie Designs die set. The tiny strip of hearts in the center and at the top right, were done with a very old Martha Stewart border punch. And to tie it all together - one of the very best Unity products yet ~~ the white sheer Organza ribbon!

Throughout this week, you may notice that I am NOT a typical 'size' card maker.  My crafting BFF gives me a hard time frequently about my over-sized cards.   I always start with my image and work out to the side of the card without limiting myself to a box.   I purchased the Stampin Up envelope maker long ago, and enjoy making a matching envelope too.  I'd like to suggest to you to try this, if you don't already.  

I hope you enjoyed today's card and the many layers of dies and coordinating papers that I used to give the card depth.  I look forward to reading your comments and hope you will stop in tomorrow.

Serving a Risen Savior ~ Pam 

This posting will appear on the following sites:
Copic References:
Him: Hair: N4, Shirt & Shoes W1, W3, W4, W5,  Jeans: B41, B23, B97, Skin, E0000, YR30, RV0000, E40, E50
Her: Hair E31, E35, E37, Shoes R59, Dress, R81, R83, R85, Nails, E85, Skin E0000, RY 30, R0000, E40, E41
Product References:
 

42 comments:

  1. How cute! Great coloring and color combos. I look forward to seeing what tomorrow’s blog brings us. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a GIU gal! enjoy your week. I like your valentine card ... it is colored beautifully.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is Wow ...Beautiful..Love all the colors you use....Very Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness...I am super excited for you! Congratulations on being a GIU Girl! your card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny, I used to do all different sized cards and worked just like you. But this past year, I changed to mostly A2 cards. And I also love to give my cards to charities, but they usually want only A2 sizes. But now that I have the WRMK envelope board, I won't worry about it so much. Anywho --- I love your beautiful card and all the pretty details. Love that paper you used, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combination. You’re not alone, I too use a variety of sizes in my card crafting. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful card! Love the image and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the silliness of love and this shows it off......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another masterpiece and this is just the beginning of an amazing week. As all your card are unique, you teach us how you have put each card together. It's like a lesson on each blog. ThanKS Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love your coloring. I am usually an A2 card maker. I look forward to seeing your projects this week...I can always use more inspiration. 😊😊
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, I love this set by Unity it has soo many uses and I love what you did with this happy couple. ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card, the sentiment is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a perfect card! I’m glad you can be out of the box with your cards... it’s hard for me to do! I look forward to the rest of your week as GIU!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Valentine's day card design. I like your coloring, the ovals and hearts and choice of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great suggestions to try making larger cards and envelopes! I like your color scheme and look forward to seeing your other Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Pam!!! Love those punks and browns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful. I love odd sized cards. I love your layered mats, you coloring is beautiful, and that background is stunning. Just a wonderful card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done!! I love pinks with browns! Your coloring is fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card! I love your color combination. I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card Pam! Love the colours on this. I'm a huge fan of pink and brown together. That paper is lush! Fabulous stamp and gorgeous design hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a really pretty card. I love the colors and the happiness that comes out when I look at this. I love the stamps with the figures in action pose. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, stunning coloring. Absolutely gorgeous! I need to practice using the Copic markers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your be! Wish I could tie a bow like that! Your coloring is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card great job. I have always loved pink and brown together. Looking forward to following you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are not alone venturing outside the standard A2 size. I often need more space to create in and I feel limited by A2 sometimes! Love your Valentine and look forward to more this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty! Love the pretty colors, the hearts you added w/ sentiment & the perfect bow!!! Congrats on another GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on being a Unity Girl again Pam. Love your card - especially the way you have off set the layering of the oval die cuts around the image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so beautiful! I got this for Valentine's day cards! Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like the brown with the pink. I too love making the envelopes for cards because you can coordinate them. I use up my stash of paper that way, with the white side out and the surprise of a pattern for the recipient when they open it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful card and I love the DP and colors! Thank you for sharing!
    (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love it!! Great colors. I like your card making process and not limiting yourself to a particular card size. I have one of those envelope makers tucked away somewhere. You’ve inspired me to dig it out and make some oversized cards!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh, lovely. Gotta sorta retro feel with that paper. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on being GIU girl!I like your card, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Pretty card! Love the colors you chose to use as well as your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card I love the fact that you don’t limit your card size. I often struggle to fit the image I’ve created onto a standard card size

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very pretty card! Love the colors and how you pieced the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your card is so great!! It's funny you mention your larger card sizes, as that is something I find I am doing more of using Unity Stamps. They're just so nice I don't want to cut any of them down, so I go bigger. :-D

    ReplyDelete