Monday, January 14, 2019

Sketch Challenge Vs Organization Challenge

Each week on the Christian Card Making Site we have a Sketch Challenge given to us, with several days to complete a card based on the sketch layout and post our completed card. While this challenge is not one of my favorites, I have to admit after doing them for about a solid year now, it has been a positive choice for me and I'm enjoying this type challenge more and more. 

This week as I found my time slot to work on the card challenge, I happen to have just taken last year's Lang Calendar down and put up my new one.  (This just happens to be a treasured gift from my brother and sister-in-law.)  What better photo and paper than the beautiful birds in last year's calendar!

Here's what I put together and the layout we were given. 


The center wave is a unbranded die and the bottom piece is just a scrap of paper.  The Happy Birthday die is by Spellbinders and I added the finishing touch of just a bit of burlap with a red button attached with twine. The card is on a 5 1/2" square card base.  

My challenge to you as we know January is organization month ~ as you take your calendar down - can it be up-cycled to make 12 or more beautiful cards? I'd love to see them! 

Thanks for stopping by to see mine.  I hope to post the remainder of the cards pulled from this calendar soon.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

This posting will appear on the following Sites:

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the birdie - looks very realistic. Great work!

    ReplyDelete