Monday, October 29, 2018

Thankful, Grateful and Blessed

Good Monday Morning to you!  While many of you have been enjoying the cooler temperatures for a while, here in South Carolina our chilly mornings have finally arrived, the leaves are starting to turn and fall to the ground, and that extra blanket on the beds really feels good.  Along with many others in this area, I would say October is my favorite month of the year.  The time hasn't changed yet and the weather is so perfect to enjoy as much of the day as possible outside taking in all the beauty that our Master paints for us each day.

These early fall days were my inspiration for my Thankful card that I'd like to share with you today.  This was for a card swap so it was actually made earlier this month when the leaves had not started to change colors yet.

I selected the Whimsy Stamp, Oak Tree Boy by Sylvia Zet.


After stamping the image on #110 Card stock, I used Copic markers for coloring in shades of greens, browns, and deep orange. I then die cut the image using the Gina Marie Designs Double Stitched In and Out Cut Hexagon  Die Set.  The image is large, and required using the largest die in this set.  Since I still needed a dark matting paper, I glued the image onto the brown plaid then carefully trimmed the excess leaving approximately 1/4" matting around the image.   The boy has two small jingle bells on his hat and there is one on the bird's hat ~ which of course didn't work for a fall card.  However adding the itty-bitty tan buttons over the bells worked just fine and added a little dimension to the card too.  Next I mounted the bright green pre-embossed mat onto the Kraft card base, then added the completed image.  The sentiment is from Unity Stamps and I merged two tag dies to make the stitched lines around the sentiment.  I finished the image by adding a brown organza bow and a white liner to the inside for a nice writing area.    I was fortunate also to be able to send this Thankful card to one of my virtual friends that is on two card sites with me.  It is an additional joy to share cards with sisters in Christ. 

Thank you for stopping by today to see the card of the day. This card can be duplicated for purchase. Your comments are always welcome.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:


No comments:

Post a Comment