Thursday, August 30, 2018

Life Is What You Bake It...

 Today's card image is from Art Impressions and is called Whisk It  (#5001).  When I saw it I knew several good cooks that this would make the perfect card for especially with the wide variety of different stamps and sentiments in the package.

Here's the completed card I made last week and the directions follow for those that would like to create their own. 



For this card I chose an off set gate-fold card base and used an older  Spellbinder Edge die to make the stitched scalloped purple on the back flaps and the My Favorite Things Elegant Rectangle STAX dies for the image and the matting behind it.   The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Ink and Copic colored, then die cut, (die is 2 sizes larger).  A swag shaped stitched banner is also die cut for the "Celebrate you" sentiment that goes on the outside.  After coloring and gluing the image and sentiment to the matting, they are glued to the left side only of the card base.  This allows the card to open.  Tiny iridescent mini hearts are randomly glue around the card front for the finishing touch.




Inside the birthday greeting I stamped. . . . "Life is what you bake it"... along with a row of mini cup cakes. And on the back I used the pair of mittens from the set to match the theme of the card as my maker logo instead of my normal logo.  

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you liked my card of the day! Your comments are always welcomed.  

Serving a Risen Savior
Pam

This posting will also appear on the following sites:







  

No comments:

Post a Comment