Friday, August 10, 2018

Congratulations On Your New Arrival

The call for Baby Cards has sure been on the increase around here lately, which made the new release of Gina Marie's Quilt Die #9 Building Block Die the perfect solution. Like the name indicates, this die is a nine blocked stitched flat die plate.

For today's blog, I  will show you two cards, that are basically the same, with just different items added to the card shelf, yet they give the card a totally different look.  


I first used a solid blue and a coordinating patterned piece of blue paper and cut each with the Quilt Die.  Then using a scrap piece of white, I glued the opposite blocks back into the frames, making the quilt pieces.  You could do this part a number of different ways.  Once all glued together, I carefully cut the square diagonally, giving me the corner piece for each quilt needed for the two cards. 
Next I die cut the white eyelet strip, the congratulations word, the domed stitched Pink piece and the blue domed center and stamped out the Moon, Stars and Teddy Bear.  I colored the small elements with Copic markers and cut them out.  Whew... that was a lot of little tiny pieces!  Layered them up to this cute card on a pink checked background and mounted it on a 6 x 6 card base. 

This makes the second card an easy peasy card since some of the left overs from the first card are used.


The quilt corner is the other half of the first card.  I used a different die for the white border and the word Congratulations.  I had cut two of the pink domed pieces, so I just needed one of the white smaller ones and I had a cute stamp of baby shoes that I stamped, highlighted with gray and cut out.  I glued them at the bottom and put a pop dot at the top for a little extra dimension. For the finishing touch on this one I also added the blue ribbon bow. 

Which one is your favorite?  

Thanks for stopping by today ~ your comments are always welcome. 

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment