Monday, May 7, 2018

A Peak At My Crafting Nest

I've now been in my new home about six months and am so very much enjoying having a little more space and a great screened in porch looking out from my little cove onto Lake Murray.

Many of you have shown your crafting areas, so I thought I would take today blog to show you mine.  I think we all arrange and re-arrange trying to maximize our space and organize our endless supplies. I'm not where I want my room to be, however change is good and I just keep working at it.

First my desk / crafting area, a large 3' x 5' solid wooden table.  At the top, I am reminded daily that Christ strengthens me.  I am working hard at I don't have to have everything where I can touch it.  My Copics (or Twins as they are called ) are always nearby.
To the left (not shown) is a small table with my computer, printer and my Cameo that sadly remains covered. 


To my right, my next favorite sign ~ Do What you LOVE what you do.  I am so blessed to be able to craft and do photography daily. 


I love the three tier roller cart that one of my girlfriends gave me.  It holds basic tools in the top, specialty pens and inks on the second shelf and stamped images and card fronts on the bottom shelf. 

The wooden storage rack was built by my Dad, and it is perfect for my general stamp storage.  I use the 12 x 12 x 1 plastic paper carriers by Akro-Mils, and sort my stamps by subject.  Individual stamps are packaged in small zip locks in each case.  

All my white card stock is stored in the small file cabinet with my postage supplies on top and then a large basket that holds most of my 6 x 6 papers and coordinating paper pads.

I still enjoy the clock that I made as a Unity project last fall.  I colored and added Sunset Promise to the clock face.  

On the next wall ~ 


On the door to my room, I have the ladder storage, which holds cards that have been completed and are ready for selling.  The brown frame is one of the Creative Memories display frames, which I use to display cards in progress or some inspirational piece.
My cutting board (which must be 105 years old!) is on top of my general file cabinet.  My second roller cart is next with all my scrap paper sorted by color on top.  New stamps or supplies that need to be repackaged or entered into Evernote go on the second and third shelves.  

One more wall~ 



I have a huge cabinet to the left of the window.  Most of the items in it are not used on a daily basis.  On top is a small display of a few wooden stamps I've held on to, my Stampin Up ink pads and my Quick Quotes Chalking pads.

In the center of course is my wonderful lake view while I work.  
Directly under the window is my die cutting area and also my sentiments stamps are stored on sheets by category in the small file cabinet. 

To the right is my floor to ceiling bookcase with all my 12 x 12 papers, and various embellishments on the top shelf.  My House Mouse collection is displayed on the top of the bookshelf. 


To the left of my work desk is a full size closet! It too is a work in progress, daily it seems.  I installed a Pantry storage unit on the closet door for my threads.

The storage drawers that are at the back of the closet are the items to be sold on Not Just Scraps.


Inside to the left ...


are the wonderful peach wired baskets from Target that hold all of my Unity and Whimsy stamps.  The gray drawer unit came from Wal-Mart after I saw how well my friend Ginny Maxam's had held up through several house moves.  I store my embossing folders, assorted envelopes, and miscellaneous embellishments here.  The white roller drawer unit has smaller items like buttons, brads, small flowers as well as some of my punches. 


To the right ...


I have more storage units that hold other assorted supplies as well as some 3 x 12 x 12 boxes that hold additional stamps for Christmas and Summer. 

And the last area is the storage near the ceiling where I store my scrapbook albums yet to be used along with some card making supplies that are not used daily.  As you can tell this closet is just about another room! 


I hope you enjoyed the around the room peak.  When I started card making, I seriously thought it would be less supplies needed than when scrapbooking. Boy was I wrong!  It's all good though and I am enjoying every day of my crafting.  
I'd love to see your space too and welcome your comments.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam 

This posting will appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment