Monday, November 7, 2022

Winter Wishes

Welcome to a new month with Jan's Digital Stamp and the new Challenge Blog.  Today Jan's Design Team ladies are sharing our first post for November.

I've selected Jan's Red Cardinals for my inspirational card. This package comes with the holly separated also and three beautiful sentiments.


 I love the cardinals, especially at Christmas!

To make this card I sized the birds to about 4 1/2" wide and tucked the 'Winter Wishes' sentiment in close on the left side.   After printing, I used my Copic markers for coloring and then the MFT Stitched Scallop Basic Edges die to get the stitched scalloped border.  

I used a dark Kraft 5 1/2" top fold card base and covered it with the printed holly pattern.  Whether you allow the colored image to go all the way to the top or pulled down like shown here, is entirely up to your personal taste.  I wanted the black background to show all the way around and liked the look of the holly peeking through the organza ribbon.  I also selected a simple knot, not a bow for this card as I didn't want it to distract from your eyes focusing on the beautiful birds. 

Be sure to click on : Jan's Challenge Blog to see the other cards completed by her Design Team. 

You can also click HERE to get your free 2022 Christmas Ornament image from Jan's Digital Stamp Shop.  It's only available until Christmas so don't forget!  There are also currently EIGHT Christmas sets on sale! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

 Dragonfly Dreams ~ Challenge 11 ~ Christmas  

Peace on Earth ~ Challenge 27  

My Time To Craft ~ Challenge 493 

Winter Wonderland ~ Challenge 11 ~ Robin  

I love Promarkers ~ Challenge 522


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Branch: Sepia Multiliner, Leaves: BG91, BG93, BG95, BG97, Berries: R35, R37, R46, Birds: R17, R27, R37

Products 





8 comments:

  1. I love the card design and this image is such a wonderfully traditional holiday image. You've created a lovely card Pam! Thanks for a great team project for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and coloring, fabulous design too!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty those cardinals look nestled in the background paper so full of dramatic hues, Pam! There is something about black that makes everything pop out and seem more elegant! Those border dies are amazing! Hmmmm, on my wish list now! It's a lovely card.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam: Your cardinal Christmas card is amazing! Thanks for linking to MTTC's Critters/Creatures theme! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Pam - love the curved shape of the image panel
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen cardinal birds in real: they look great on your card.
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, Pam! Thank you for sharing your "Red Cardinals" with others!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cardinals and these are wonderful! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge

    ReplyDelete