Wednesday, November 23, 2022

'Uniquely' Colored Christmas Blessing

Today's challenge letter is 'U' in Beccy's Place 30 days of Christmas Cards.  

For my entry I selected Stampendous, 'Candy Canes'.



While I know my Copic shades pretty good, I don't know their color naming.  I started by searching to see if there was a Copic name that started with a 'U'.  I found that E29 is Burnt Umber,  I've used that for the center of the greenery.  

I also decided to use a Salmon colored bow for non traditional Christmas colors, making it 'uniquely' colored. 

The pretty eyelet edge on the oval shape was done using Gina Marie's Petite Looped Lace Oval die.  The card base is a standard A2, covered with the coordinating olive patterned paper.  I stamped the sentiment 'Christmas Blessings' at the bottom.  Then I simply secured the image to the front of the card to complete the design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beccy's Place ~ November ~ 30 Days of Christmas Cards 

Promarkers  ~ Challenge 668 ~ Christmas 

The Holly & The Ivy ~ Challenge 128 ~ Christmas  

Try it on Tuesday ~ November ~ Christmas 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ November ~ Christmas 

Stamping Sensation ~ November ~ Christmas 

We Love Stamping ~ November ~ Christmas


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Greenery: YG91, YG93, YG95, E29,  Bulbs: BG07, V22, Y18, RV09, BG72, C4, Canes: R39, Bow:  R20, R21, R22, R14

 

Products 

    






 

10 comments:

  1. Pam: Your candy cane with pine greens is very festive and does have those unique non-traditional colors added in that make the card one of a kind! Thanks for linking to The Holly and The Ivy! --Becca S/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card, beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic colouring Pam, I love the no-line technique you've used. I also like your interpretation of the "U" prompt... we have to be extra creative with some of the letters ;)
    The scalloped image panel is wonderful, what a great die cut. I also like the fabulous sentiment stamp you added.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your uniquely coloured card Pam - so delightfully coloured and composed
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully coloured Pam, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations and sWe Love Stamping November challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card - geat colouring. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uniquely coloured is fine with me, it's beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty mix of traditional and more contemporary Christmas colours! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those canes look so real. thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Pam. The image is beautiful and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete