Monday, April 1, 2019

All You Need

Welcome to April 2019!

I'm starting off the month with Whimsy Stamps' digital image,
'Best of Friends Girl' by designer Crissy Armstrong.

I'll be completely honest with you - after selecting it from our Design Team line up of April images, I really had second thoughts! The Whimsy DT has so many talented true artist of which I am not.  I am a card maker, not an artist.  But I tackled it willing to give it my best shot and she turned out pretty good. 


I printed the digital image on Neenah 110# card stock and used Copic markers for my coloring.*  The edge is chalked with an old Creative Memories Red Barn chalking ink and then the image is matted using Tattered Lace Lacey Pearl Square Dies.  The rope pieces are die cut from Elizabeth Craft 1125 Rope Dies

I modified the sentiment to capture what I felt when I look at this little girl gazing down and holding onto her horse.  She looks somewhat sad or full of thoughts or decisions.  The bond that our pets bring to our lives can not be compared to anything else.  Each person reading this understands that point in their own daily life when they just wanted to be alone to think and only their pet could be there for them.  That is what I think when I look at this stamp - and at the card I've created.  A perfect card of encouragement or one for just letting a friend know you are there - when they are ready to open up to you.

Thank you for stopping by today - I hope you enjoyed my project card and the reason behind why I selected this image.  Your comments are always welcomed.
Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam 

This posting will also appear on the following sites:  
Copics: 
Shirt & flower: BG72, BG18, BG11, BG78, Hair: Y11, Y21, E31, Horse, E15, E25, E33, E34, E37, E51, fill with E53 & E23 mostly.  Mane: cover with E000&E40 first, then E41, E21, E13, E43, YR00, YR20, E59.  

Products:


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring Pam - I wish I could do as well! Love your card, and yes, pets do have a way of just being and bringing comfort without intruding.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Pam. I love this to bits hun. Your colouring, the paper combo, it's all so delish! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete