Monday, April 8, 2019

Sweet Dreams

Today I'd like to share with you a project card that uses an older technique and my slightly different way of doing this to achieve the results that are appealing to me.  

Here is my finished project; however if you are a crafter I hope you will continue reading as my technique is different than most. 


When the current Unity challenge was posted, I dug through the box of crafting napkins, to see what might work with one of my Unity stamps.   Having done many napkin cards in the past, and having just demo'd this technique in March at my Spring Retreat, I was excited to put one together to enter the challenge. 

Everyone's way of doing things is a bit different, and isn't it wonderful to see the different end results.  The technique I was taught many years ago, teaches to apply the single layer of napkin to your card stock using a GLUE STICK.    


You cover the card stock area really thick and slightly larger than what you need for your card.  Take your SINGLE ply napkin and start at one side, holding the rest of the napkin up, use your finger to push the air out and you end up with smooth, napkin covered card stock.


Trim off the excess that goes beyond your paper with scissors, then it's off to your die machine. 


Laying that aside - I had selected Tierra Jackson's Patience and Love for this Easter themed card. For the bunnies, I used the 'Smooshing' technique with my  Copic Markers (referenced below) to get the fur look. I also stamped another book to raise on the card.  I searched to find another Unity stamp with the words small enough for the title on the front of the book.  I used Washi tape to isolate just the words "Happy Lives Here" from the KOM July 2001 Kit, but it was also too big.




But I had to resort to writing a title, which worked out okay too! I trimmed and scored, then glued near each hand to secure the raised book on the card.

With everything glued into place, then I applied two coats of Modge Podge, letting it dry about 20 minutes between coats.  I used a yellow crochet thread for the string loopy bow and punched two holes in the tag I stamped from Phyllis Harris' A Sky With No Limits, for the sentiment.  The tag has a foam square on the back to raise it above the bow, then the charm is added to the top.


It always feels good to use one of the stamps that has just been sitting in the rack waiting it's turn.  Another good challenge from Unity and another card available in my store. 



Thanks for stopping by and reading all the way through!  Your comments are welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

Copics Used: Bunnies left to right: 1st: W1,W2,W4,RV00, R30, 2nd: N3, C1, RV00, 3rd: E41, E42, E31, E33, RV00, R30:  4th: C1, C2, RV00, R30, PJ's on bunnies: Y06, BG11, R32, BV11. Bed headboard, E15, E17, Pillows and Covers: R81, R83, R85, R89, Hearts R37 and Copic multiliner Wine
Products: 
 





1 comment:

  1. So cute! I’ve never tried the napkin tech - just might have to now. Great coloring and the napkin makes a perfect background! TFS

    ReplyDelete