Friday, April 12, 2019

Roses for My Lady!

Did you know that I take special orders for custom designed cards?  You have to remember I'm not the artist, but within limitations, I can use the images, stamps and dies that I have available and make a card to meet the occasion you are wanting to celebrate.

This was the case several weeks ago as a friend at church quietly asked me to make 'a very special birthday card' for his lovely wife. That was the extent of the directions.  Honestly, I'd like a little more guidance; but I knew where another good source was to help... her sister!  Immediately - she loves horses!  Oh boy!  Another horse card!  Didn't I just mention I'm not an artist? 

I also knew the birthday girl loved deep pink to burgundy flowers; so finding an image of a horse with a bouquet of  flowers was just perfect.  Her birthday was yesterday, so now I can finally show you the finished card ~ 


The image was printed on Neenah 110# card stock and Copic colored (listed below). This was another one that took me a long time to color, but I'm really pleased with the way the horse turned out.  I trimmed a black mat to fit just inside a die cut burgundy mat that was die cut using Gina Marie Design's die, Pleated Lace Rectangle Die.  For the  6 x 6 card base, I used two coordinating patterned papers and  covered the seam with the burgundy ribbon.  The bow was added after I attached the colored image.  To make this card uniquely special just for her - I typed the name of their horse farm and included it in a very small banner die, printed in the arched text, and glued it just to the right of the sunshine background.  

Thanks for stopping in today to see the details of this special order Birthday card.  Your comments are always welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:

Copics Used:
Horse; E15, E25, E33, E37, E51, E53, E23  Mane: cover with E0000 & E40, then E41, E21, E13, E42, YR00, YR20, E59.  Flower, R81, R83, R85, R89, Sun YR5, E95, R11, R81, YR21, YR15, YR32, R15








3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Pam, and I love the way you have coloured the horse - how good to have a 'horse with flowers' image on hand!! A great way to personalise the card with the ranch name added.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the sweetest card. Love your coloring and design. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card..my Grandaughter loves horses too..

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/




    ReplyDelete