Sunday, April 14, 2019

For a Book Worm or a Graduate

I started today's card for a challenge honoring National Library Week which started last Sunday, April 7th and ended Saturday, April 13th.   A little personal tidbit about myself that only TWO people (my Dad & Cindy) know and it would be a stretch to see if  either remember.  You see, the library is the very first place that I had a REAL JOB.  My first summer job was spent in the library putting the returned books back in the proper place on the shelves.  My part time job paid a whopping TWENTY-FIVE CENTS per hour!  So now you know a USELESS personal tidbit about  ME!

I have plenty of 'book' stamps, but decided to search for 'free coloring sheets bookworm'  ; finding over 7 pages of several cute images that would work for this challenge.  Here's what I selected in my completed project challenge card. 


The image is printed on Neenah 110# Card stock and colored with Copic Markers (referenced below*).  The dies that I used for the different layers are listed at the end. 

As my card progressed, I began searching for just the right sentiment to go with this bright eyed girl peeping over her glasses.  This sentiment,  "Live your Life to be a story worth telling." struck me as a great quote to use for a graduate.  

As layering together, I started from the top, doing the first three so I could add the natural twine and button before adding to the card base which already had the blue mat on the base. The last step was to add the sentiment, a few sequins, and of course take those photos before entering in the challenge. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Your comments are always welcome. 

Serving a Risen Savior ~
Pam 

This posting will appear on the following sites:


Copics Used:
Hair: E50, E33, E55, E57, Eyes, B00, B23, B28, Skin: E0000, 0/R30, v20, YR30, RV0000, E40, E41 under glasses. Brows, Sepia pen 0.3.  Book E70 E71. Bookworm, blue pen 0.3, ink SU Pacific Point. 

Dies used: from the bottom up, these are the dies I used: Dark blue: Pink&Main,  Scallop Squares ,  Patterned paper: Pink&Main, Stitched Rounded Squares, Medium blue and sentiment,  Darice Nesting Book Pages, 2014-10.

3 comments:

  1. Well you know I love it! And I didn’t know that was your first job! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Such a cool card!!
    I Love to read, and collect book stamps, too!
    My first job was a bag boy at the local grocery store~ loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Pam - love the bright blue of the girls eyes. I too am a bibliophile and love a good read
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete