Monday, December 3, 2018

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas ~ With Rudolph

Today's featured card is one of Whimsy's classical favorites by many customers ~ 
Sylvia Zet's Rudolph.  
While I have been showing digital images, Rudolph is currently a Red Rubber stamp.  He was requested for a special little boy's card, and I wanted to share him with you also. 

Here's the finished card and a few notes on how I created the card. 


The image is Copic colored (reference colors listed below), then die cut using My Favorite Things Stitched Squares die.  A 1/4" hunter green mat was cut to go behind the image. Once I had the image on the mat,  I added glaze to the ornament and the berries and set them aside to dry. 


The card base is Kraft 5 x 7.  I cut the polka-dotted paper 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 and mounted on the card base.  The tree, words, and paper/tape pieces came from a scrapbook piece of paper - I carefully cut them out an added them to each side of the card.  Note: I left the green strip unglued so that the image could be tucked under the edge. 


Finding all the detailed elements for cards can be quite time consuming yet fun too.  I was so thrilled this season to find one of the facebook crafting sellers offering these mini Christmas tree buttons!  Perfect for cards.

After adding the image to the base, I then added the thread at the top and a wooden mini Christmas tree button at the top to complete the card front.  An additional white piece of card stock (4 x 6) is added inside the card, to be used for writing the note.

Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you liked today's card and that you will hop over to the Whimsy  store to see what products you can find to add to your collections.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

This posting will also appear on the following sites:


No comments:

Post a Comment