Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Don't Forget to Thank Your Happy Mail Carrier!

I know  ~ A lot of you reading this or seeing my social media posting will shake your head and think ... I don't even know if my mail carrier is male or female... Or I pick my mail up at the post office box...   However, there are still quite a few of us who have the pleasure of knowing our HAPPY MAIL carriers ~ and I happen to be one of those.  

Ms Jeannine, my carrier, is a very sweet lady who works really hard at ensuring she is on time and the mail is correctly delivered right the first time.  Each year I try to come up with a uniquely different card to honor her service field.  
This year I selected Lee Holland's Kitten Post to make her special card. 


The image is stamped on 110# Neenah and Colored with Copics and Prismacolor pencils.  Animal faces that are large like this are sometimes tricky to color - it's easy to get them too dark or splotchy.  And they always look weird when you are laying down your shades.  This time I started a his face with lighter pinks and worked to darker shades.  Here's my example working in progress. 


Hmmm.. looks like a face only a mother could love, right?  If yours does, then you are doing it correctly.  But as you blend all those tiny flicks together, lightly, they will come together to the final color you are looking for. 
The Stitched Scalloped Envelope Edge die is by Die-Namics/My Favorite Things. 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will also remember to acknowledge your Mail Carrier ~ they certainly bring you some great packages don't they! 

Serving a Risen Savior!
Pam 

This posting will appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment