Thursday, November 8, 2018

You Are My SON Shine

Today's card is one that I designed especially a baby shower this past weekend with the nursery theme being Elephants. 

Looking through my Evernote system most of my elephant stamps were not the 'baby elephant' image that I needed.  I looked at Whimsy's Baby Girl Ellie - she is so adorable, but I needed a boy elephant... and I don't own Baby Boy Ellie so the search continued until I came across Whimsy's Jelly Bean's Flower.  Hmm... and I have him in the Digital version.  The wheels are turning now - let me show you the finished card next - then PLEASE stay with me if you are a crafter so I can explain what I did to modify this design - it's important for you to know in case you are considering purchasing this item. 


Now isn't that a cute personal card just for the new parents to be?  I was really excited with the finished product and especially that it was a perfect to fit in a 5" square frame later if they wanted to add it to the baby's room. 

The Jelly Bean's Flower is a Digital Stamp - I didn't want the flower pot - so I added a layer in Photoshop Elements (PSE) and CUT around the flower pot, the rain drops, and the end of Jelly Bean's nose and deleted it.  I added another layer and carefully drew in the lines to turn his truck up.  I did use the girl elephant, Baby Ellie as a visual guideline to help me modify the trunk.  

The wooden sign post was taken from the Cuttlebug Best Friends  embossing folder of a sign post.  I simply embossed the sign post and traced the edges. Then scanned that image so it could size it to fit the card and to have the ability to add the baby's name.  Once satisfied,  I printed it on 110# white card stock and colored it with Copic markers, and hand cut it out.  The fence is a die by Spellbinders and the sky, sunshine and assorted dies are by Gina Marie Designs.  Both the elephant and the welcome sign are secured at the bottom and raised about mid way with a foam square to give them added dimension.  

And for the final detail on this card, I added the strip at the bottom ~ An original created by Patrick and Courtney ~

The card was filled with prayers  and  best wishes for the young couple as they bring their first child into the world in just a few weeks. 

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam 

This posting will appear on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment