Monday, November 5, 2018

Weekend Challenge - What's at the Fair?

Over on one of the card making swap sites the weekend challenge was to make a card showing something you would see at the Fair or a Fall Festival.  It was getting a lot of attention on Friday when posted - I guess everyone always loves the fair, no matter what your age is.  

For my entry, I decided to use a Clown stamp designed by Norma Fickel called "Someone to cheer you up".  How nice it is to still be able to find CLOWN stamps that are fun and bring laughter when it seems so many are designed to be scary and mean.  Here's what I came up with ~ Instructions & supplies are listed afterwards for your reference.  


  I purposefully left the outside of the card without a sentiment so that the buyer could use the card for a Birthday or a Get Well or just about any other occasion that someone need to be cheered up.

The image is quite tall, my card stock is 2 3/4" x 5 1/2".  I used Copic markers to color  him and a Spellbinder Tattered Edge die with the edges rubbed with lime green cat eye ink.  The clown is layered on a deep purple matting with three sets of rhinestones to add a little touch of light.  To the right is a 1" x 5 1/2" strip of light purple dotted Swiss paper with the count down numbers from 5 down to 1.  I used the Whimsy Brushed Script Number Dies for the those numbers.  Both of purple pieces are then matted on the bright green 4 1/4" x 6 1/4" mat and onto the 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" white card base.

Thanks for stopping by today and allowing me to share my happy clown with you.  Your comments are always welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

This posting will appear on the following sites:
Addicted to Card Making 2.0, Stamp Junkies, Stampers Swap Shop, Pinterest and Not Just Scraps


No comments:

Post a Comment